+ 1. Maintenance instruction
+ 2. Maintenance
+ 3. Engine
+ 4. Cooling systems, heating and ventilation
- 5. Fuel system
- 5.1. Power supply system of petrol engines
5.1.1. Technical data
5.1.2. Air filter and inlet channels
5.1.3. Accelerator cable
5.1.4. Accelerator pedal
5.1.5. System of injection of fuel
5.1.6. Removal of pressure in fuel system
5.1.7. Fuel pump
5.1.8. Fuel tank
5.1.9. Check of fuel system
5.1.10. Case of a butterfly valve
5.1.11. System of injection Bosch Motronic MP511
5.1.12. System of injection Magneti Marelli 8P
5.1.13. Inlet collector
5.1.14. Final collector
5.1.15. System of production of exhaust gases
+ 5.2. Fuel system of diesel engines
+ 6. System of ignition
+ 7. Coupling
+ 8. Transmissions
+ 9. Power shafts
+ 10. Brake system
+ 11. Suspension bracket and steering
+ 12. Body
+ 13. Electric equipment
+ 14. Main malfunctions
System of injection of fuel – ECU the self-adjusted system which controls and stores data which provide optimum operational power setting at various loadings. At shutdown of the accumulator there is a deleting of data, and for their restoration it is necessary to start the engine and to take idling until the system is customized. This process will be better executed when carrying out the road test within 15 minutes at 2500–3500 rpm.
SYSTEM OF INJECTION MAGNETI MARELLI 8P AND BOSCH MOTRONIC MP5.1.1
The system of injection of Magneti Marelli 8P fuel is installed on engines with a working volume of 1.6 liters (BFZ), and Bosch Motronic MP5.1.1 is established on engines 1.8 liters (LFY) and on engines 2.0 liters (RFV).
Both systems (ignition / system of injection of fuel) include catalytic converter and a control system of release of vapors of fuel, and also carry out the latest standards of management of issue.
The fuel system in both systems of injection is similar and work as follows. The fuel pump shipped in the fuel tank gives fuel from a tank to a fuel nozzle via the filter. Fuel pressure in system is run by pressure regulator. The regulator allows excess fuel to come back to the fuel tank at excess of pressure in fuel system.
The electric control system consists of ECU together with the following sensors:
– the potentiometer of a butterfly valve – reports to ECU the provision of opening or closing of a butterfly valve;
– the sensor of temperature of cooling liquid – reports to ECU engine temperature;
– the sensor of temperature of the arriving air – reports ECU air temperature passing through a butterfly valve;
– the lambda sensor – reports to ECU the content of oxygen in exhaust gases;
– the sensor of position of the crankshaft – reports to ECU the frequency of rotation of the engine and position of the crankshaft;
– the sensor of absolute pressure in a collector – reports to ECU depression in an inlet collector;
– the car speed sensor – reports to ECU car speed;
– the detonation sensor installed in the block of cylinders is used for detection of the beginning of a detonation or early ignition (it allows ECU to choose an optimum advancing of ignition for the prevailing operational modes of the engine without risk of damage of the engine). Is established only in the Motronic system.
All information from sensors is analyzed by ECU, and on this foundation of ECU defines the corresponding corner of an advancing of ignition and composition of fuel mix. ECU operates fuel nozzles, changing the impulse width, i.e. an interval of time when the nozzle is open to provide richer or poorer mix.
ECU also controls idling turns. For this purpose there is an engine operating the provision of a butterfly valve.
ECU also operates composition of exhaust gases and a control system of release of vapors of fuel.
The electric element of heating is located in the case of throttles.
If there is a mistake in any of the data obtained from the sensor, ECU is included into a way of the doubler. In this case ECU ignores the wrong signal of the sensor and accepts previously programmed value which will allow the engine to continue work (though with smaller efficiency). If ECU is included into a way of the doubler, then the lamp of the alarm system on the dashboard will light up and damage will be written down in memory of ECU. After that it is necessary to carry out full test of a control system of the engine, using the special electronic diagnostic test bench which just turns on in the diagnostic socket of system located about a box with fuses on the panel.
SYSTEM OF INJECTION BOSCH MOTRONIC MP5.2
The system of injection Bosch Motronic MP5.2 is installed on models of engines with a working volume of 2.0 liters without catalyst (R6E engine).
The system of injection MP5.2 is similar to the MP5.1.1 system which is described above, however in it there is no lambda sensor and system of release of vapors of fuel.
On the homepage